How to Get Into Stanford

Hello, my name is Fresh. I was born in Bangkok, Thailand, and I've lived here all of my life. So I became interested in studying overseas since I was very small,

because I've been brought up in an international community, so having attended an international school all my life, I've been surrounded by people who have been educated in places elsewhere other than Thailand.


So I've always felt that this international global perspective and insight was something so valuable that I wanted to cultivate myself. So obviously I'm most proud of getting into Stanford, because I always doubted myself a little bit and I know it was such a difficult school to get into,

so getting in, that was everything, and the moment I found out about my offer, so it was at 7 a.m. in the morning, so I had to wake up early, although I probably didn't need to because I didn't really sleep much the previous night. 

And I woke up really early and every minute felt so long and it was, I was just so, so, so, so nervous, because it could go either way because, you never know with the American system because it's just so unpredictable.

When I found out, it was just unreal. I just leapt out of my seat and I was just, yelling and screaming about, you can even watch my reaction video if you want to.

So, looking back, that was definitely one of the proudest moments in my life, and I was absolutely overjoyed to find out about my offer, I was so happy to share that with people as well, like,

telling my parents about it, and my parents were like, crying and they were so happy for me, telling all my other friends.

All my teachers were proud of me. A lot of the people in the school community were really excited for me, and I think that energy that comes with university success, it's just priceless.

You can't really substitute it for anything else, so I think that was a moment that I will never forget and even now I still find it hard to fathom, yeah. 

So, the coolest thing about working with Crimson is just how human all of the mentors are, because they're definitely not, like, extremely kind of, super kind of powerful, like,

"I'm gonna tell you what to do, "I know the secret recipe behind getting "admission to your dream university."

They're very much, like, I think learning alongside you as well, because they're always helping you do the research, and they always want to know what you think as well,

and they always value you as an individual and, I definitely see this through my interaction with all my mentors and strategists, because, I always share something in common with all of the mentors and strategists.

I think Crimson, when they choose to match, like, two people together, they always look for like, common interests and people who like, have really similar personalities. So I just got along really well with everyone I worked with.

The advice that I would give to younger students who are applying overseas, would be to be really confident in yourself and the story that you have to tell, because sometimes I think when you're growing up in a country where you aren't always kind of like the spotlight,

or you don't always have like, the attention, a lot of the times you may think that the stories you're telling, they aren't important, but I'd say, always speak up, and always believe in your own abilities, and your essence,

because, I think that what this process has taught me is that there is no image, there's no prototype of a student who will always gain acceptance to universities. 

First of all, the process is quite random, but even still, there's no hard and fast, like, formula or rule for how to get in. 

As long as you're unabashedly yourself and you're pursuing passions that are, that really speak to you, rather than just doing what the last person who got into Stanford was doing, or whoever, the last person who got into Oxford was doing, you have to be yourself,

And you have to believe that the things you do, they speak volumes about who you are as a person, and I think admissions, regardless of what system or what country, they'll always be impressed by that initiative, and that sense of self.

Most Popular Reading

Incredible Introduction To Citizenship Education References

Incredible Introduction To Citizenship Education References . The purpose of this literature review is to examine the academic and polic...

Trending This Week